Are you an aspiring Network Technician looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
Are you are a problem solver passionate about staying up-to-date on product knowledge and technical skills, we have the perfect job for you!
At Solvacom we are seeking a Network Technician to join our team and build and enhance tools, develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think proactively and inventively.
As a Network Technician, your tasks include Implementing, Maintaining, Monitoring and Troubleshooting of systems and network devices located on premise and hosted in cloud.
Solvacom, Inc. based in Albany, New York, specializes in designing and implementing innovative IT hospitality solutions for 4* and 5* hotels and small hotel groups.
At Solvacom our mission is to become the best provider of network computer systems and innovative software in the hotel industry by implementing IPTV and interactive hospitality solutions to enhance business performance and create market value for our customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and support LAN and WAN Network devices
- Implement approved Network changes in accordance with applicable procedures
- Analyze and diagnose network problems for a variety of users
- Recommend corrective solutions to be applied to network hardware or software
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Assist other groups in troubleshooting problems that require packet analysis or performance review
- Create, publish and maintain up to date and accurate Network documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / related field or equivalent experience CCNA/MCSE preferred
- Remote support of system and network solution
- On site deployment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Preferably already work on HP Procurve Switch, Ruckus Wifi, IPTV Network, Sophos Firewall, Freepbx, HP Server
- Must have a current Driver’s License
Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in the following: Install/configure, maintain and monitor:
- Windows environment (Remote Desktop, Exchange, AD)
- MSSQL and MySQL
- Linux Debian
- Switchs using CLI (Cisco or HP like)
- Firewalls, IPSEC and SSL VPN
- Asterisk or Freepbx
- Veeam Backup
- Wifi network
- Excellent problem solving skills/ ability to multitask
- Ability to work overtime/nights/weekends
- Accountability and ownership of work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Time management